Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Spudman

Burley, Idaho is the proud sponsor of the Spudman Triathlon, which has been up and running for the past 21 years. My uncle Brent participated in it last year, along with my cousin, and he recruited many of us from the family to sign up and participate in it this year. My mother, sister and I signed up as a team with each of us doing a different event, but then my mother had to back out due to some health issues. So my aunt Lisa jumped in and took my mom's biking portion.

You are supposed to wear these timers on your ankles that keeps your time and this is my face when we realized that we had forgotten it back in the truck .5 miles away with only 8 minutes left before I was to get in the water.

Preparing for the start of my 1 mile swim/float down the Snake River

My aunt Lisa setting out on the 26 mile bike portion My sister Erin getting ready to sprint through her 6 mile run section
Team Lauritzen at the end of the race


I plan on signing up for the Spudman next year and training to do the whole thing myself. My uncle Brian would also like all to know that he completed the whole thing himself in 2 hours 31 minutes.

Our results are finally in.....3 hours 17 minutes 16 seconds 34 miliseconds

4 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Please have an exciting life for me. Because I haven't been outside the boundaries of Maricopa County since November. Oh wait, I went to a cemetery that is 150 miles away four times. Lame.

Cheryl & Kyle said...

Blinx i miss you! Sounds like you need to come visit me so that you can get out of there for a bit. is amanda a photographer? i visited darby elizabeth's site and blog and was impressed.

Anonymous said...

2 hours and 31 minutes? Your uncle Brian must be a freaking stud.

love, uncle Brian

Anonymous said...

Your uncle is nothing. I fetchin left him in my flipp'n dust. He thinks he's such a bad ass. Even if Brandon Doman gave him a blessing, he wouldn't be able to hang with me in the Spudman.