Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home at last

We got to the airport with plenty of time this morning seeing that our hotel was only a 5 minute shuttle ride away. About halfway through the check-in line we remembered that we were flying First Class due to an upgrade with my mom's Sky Miles. Our tickets only cost $30 each and we got to fly First Class.


Once we arrived in Atlanta we ate a late lunch at Chili's, where I had chips and salsa, and then we hunkered down for our 6 hour layover. We were heading over to some seats near the window when I heard my name. I turned around to see who in the Atlanta airport could possibly know me and it was Sister Scharffs from Nauvoo. The Scharffs are currently serving a mission in Scotland, but her father is having health problems so she was flying back to SLC to see him. It was really good to see her and catch up seeing it had been about 3 years since I had last seen her. She still looks as young and chic as ever.

We landed in Ontario around 10:30 pm and were home by 11pm. It is now 2:30 am and I have just finished with my third load of laundry. I will wake at 5 am, shower, re-pack, and we will be leaving at 6 am for the wonderful 14 hour drive to Idaho.

4 comments:

Ali said...

I can not even believe it. What a small world! What an adventure you had this summer. I'm glad your mom is feeling better and that you flew first class! SO NICE

Ali said...

I can not even believe it. What a small world! What an adventure you had this summer. I'm glad your mom is feeling better and that you flew first class! SO NICE

Amy-Alisa said...

Hey, I hear the Burley is actually a lot like Costa Rica, so you should feel right at home.

Cheryl & Kyle said...

Burley did bear a strong resemblance to Costa Rica, so I did feel at ease:)