Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Massage

Monday started out peaceful and relaxing as we treated ourselves to massages at the Spa. The 2 hour 20 minute pampering fest started out with reflexology on our feet but to be honest mine felt more like a soft rub-down. I then was treated to a facial which included hot volcanic stones and felt like heaven. The rest of my body was then massaged and melted like butter under the caress of hot volcanic stones. At 1:30 pm we were picked up by Interbus for our 3 hour drive to San Jose. I think I saw more fear on my moms face during this treacherous drive than when we were on the small plane getting to La Fortuna. I'm not sure if our transfer bus had trouble shifting or if it was our driver but it was not a pleasant drive. We really wished we would have flown the 20 minutes instead of drive the 3 hours, and even my mom said she felt safer on the small plane.


We finally arrived at our small bed and breakfast in a nice part of town but our b&b wasn't quite as nice. We had met this lady our first Sunday in San Jose at church and she gave us her business card stating that she owned a b&b if we ever needed a place to stay in SJ. We took her up on that and sort of regretted it once we go there and saw the place. One cool thing is that it butts up to the backside of the Mexican Embassy so I have a picture of me half in Costa Rica and half in Mexico. I will have to upload pictures later when I'm on a computer that has a USB port.

We ate at this really cool restaurant called Cafe Mundo that was this cool victorian home turned chic restaurant. The location of our B&B is in an area with a lot of restored European looking buildings with lots of character.

0 comments: