Sunday, July 8, 2007

Mambu Jam

Friday Charlotte didn´t show up to class so it was just me and my maestra for a total of 3 hours. I didn´t know if I would be able to handle it but surprisingly I did just fine. In fact I had fun and understood most of what my teacher and I talked about. I´m still working up the nerve to compose an entire post in Spanish. I used to think that I could write and read Spanish better than I could understand it spoken, but that is starting to change here in Costa Rica. Either I am starting to have the beginning phases of the gift of tongues or am just trying harder to understand, either way it´s less stressful.



So I thought I would hit up a local hot spot called Mambu Jam for some dancing and interaction with the locals and other turistas, but it turned out to be a bust. At least to me it was. I showered and got ready to leave around 9:15 pm but when I got there no one was dancing. It is a restaurant/bar/dance floor, but evidently the real dancing doesn´t really get started until 11:00 or so. I just sat at a table with another lady from my Spanish school listening to the very loud band for about 45 minutes when I decided I didn´t really want to just hang out there for another hour or more before the dancing started and the real fun began. So I took a taxi back to my house and went to bed. I had a busy/exciting day ahead of me and didn´t want to be tired for it by staying up super late.

0 comments: