Monday, July 16, 2007

Shafted again

Today in class we learned the Imperfect tense which is cool because only 3 verbs are irregular, but there are only 9 reasons that you use this tense. I could be completely wrong on all of this and any of you fluent Spanish speaking friends of mine are free to correct me, but if you are not fluent I would rather not have you mess me up anymore. After class I went down to Manuel Antonio to buy some souvenirs and gifts seeing that our time here is coming to a close. I then met my mother back at the school and we headed back home to Quepos. We were all set on being picked up outside the catholic church at 5:30 for a zip-line tour at night, but that is when we kept waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Yet again we were shafted and no one came to pick us up. We used the phone of a nearby business but no one answered when we called. So we headed home with our heads hanging low, realizing that we were not doing so well in the tour aspect as of late. My mother wants me to inform you she thinks the reason that they didn't come is because an hour before the appointed time, it was pouring rain. She likes to think it was the rains fault and not that people are out to get us:)

0 comments: