Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New week, new class

I can see now why it is so important for me to have patience enough to put up with slow Internet connections. If I don´t post each day I forget what happened. Guess that comes with old age. Nothing exciting to report about Monday or Tuesday that I can recall except for the fact that Tuesday my mother got in the ocean. Some of you may be thinking, ya so, big deal? But for those of you who know my adventure phobic mother, you are well aware that this is monumental. I must admit and clarify that she is getting much more adventurous as of late. Last year we got her to skydive in Hawaii, this past weekend she went white water rafting, and we have other activities planned while here, so it is possible for people to change. Back to the her getting in the ocean, she fully got in the water and went under a wave, perhaps even 2 or 3. She sort of freaked out the whole time but I was impressed that she even got in.

I suppose I could write about how I moved up a class this week and am in fact in my mother´s class now. She most definitely knows more Spanish than I do, but I´m doing just fine. I kind of miss my teacher from last week and the size of my class, 2. This week there are 7 of us and it makes things go a lot slower. I feel like I learned a lot more last week and that the pace was intense but good. It just takes longer for 7 people to fully understand what is being taught and to respond to questions from the teacher.

0 comments: