Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Medical Clinic

So we were supposed to be on Delta flight #244 Tuesday morning at 8 am but something came up and out and all over.

Around 2 am my mom got up from the bed and went into our green and white checkered bathroom and started throwing up.

She came back to bed for only 20-30 minutes before getting out to throw up again. This continued for about 2.5 hours with details I will spare you all. We were supposed to catch a taxi to the airport at 5:30 but that was not going to happen, not with her in this state. The B&B owner had her son walk us up 3 blocks to the local medical clinic/hospital where my mom was admitted. She was briefly checked out, given an IV and asked to rest on a cushioned bench. There were many other people in this hallway attached to hanging IV bags and one of them was this big guy who kept moaning for an hour and a half straight. Good thing I brought my book to keep my occupied until I finally asked if we could see a doctor. There was some issues with the computer system when I went to pay the 38,ooo colones which equals to about $80. What a deal huh?Before heading to the clinic I called Delta and got our flight changed to tomorrow. We are now staying at the Hampton Inn which is soooooo comfortable and only 5 minutes from the airport.

0 comments: