Friday, October 19, 2007

Intro to Digital

First and foremost I must apologize for my delinquent behavior in writing. I guess this is a bit like a journal, only more public, and once you miss a day or two you sort of get out of the habit. Although, I will have you know that I was quite faithful while on my mission and have a wonderful record of my fond memories in Michigan.

So you remember how a blog or two back I mentioned that I bought a new DSLR (digital SLR)? Well, with that purchase came a booklet full of tickets to be used towards camera/photography classes. You just sign up for the classes you want, the day and time and give them one of the tickets. I decided to start with class #1, a logical choice, and go on from there. Boy was that the biggest mistake ever. From 10am-12pm last Saturday I was bored out of my mind. The whole class was about how to turn on your camera, what the various flash symbols meant, the different size memory cards there are, how to upload your pictures to you computer and email them. Pretty much basic stuff I already know. Granted I learned a few things about my camera, but that was because I kept trying new settings out of boredom. I hope the other classes I signed up for, Imaging 101 & 102, Lighting, Travel & Sports, and better suited for me.

0 comments: