Saturday, October 6, 2007

Foods from around the World

So my mom called me up this afternoon and asked if I would like to have dinner with her, seeing that the men in our family were going to the Priesthood session of General Conference. I decided to be adventurous, have to live up to my blog title, and chose Gyu Kaku, a Japanese BBQ. It is actually really cool and they were having a special, so it was about half price the normal. They have these little bbq's in each table and bring out a plate of various meats and veggies. You then cook your own food right there at your own table. The beef was easy to cook and quite tasty but it was harder to get the chicken and vegetables just right.

Afterwards for dessert we headed across the street to Crepes de Paris, where I treated myself to a Nutella crepe and my mother got herself something I can't remember how to say or spell, but it was tasty.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my, my my...
I am ready for lunch.

Anna said...

Cheryl I am so jealous. That food sounds delicious, especially the crepe. Man I miss Europe!!

HILL HESS said...

That looks really cool! I went to a luncheon one time where they had little things like that- but not nearly to this extent. Fun.