Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cooking x3

This is quite the miracle so I thought I would share with everyone, but within the past week I have cooked 3 times. Any of you who know me at all, know that I DESPISE cooking with a passion. I find it tedious, arduous and downright a chore.

So last Tuesday I had the Elders over for dinner along with Kyle, and we had lettuce wraps for appetizers, Kung Pao with rice and some California rolls accompanied with fire sauce wasabi and soy sauce.

This past Monday night Kyle was coming over after class so that we could go to the gym and I thought it would be nice to cook for him, plus I was starving and I had some veggies that needed to be used up before they went bad. So my roommate and I made some Chow Mein which was very tasty.

Then last night after running some errands Kyle and I came back to my apartment where I made roast beef, mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.

Lest you think I have amazing cooking skills, which I know I don't, let me inform you that the first and third meals were more of a warming up procedure done in the microwave. Got to love Costco. But the Chow Mein I will take credit for actually "cooking". Rachel Ray eat your heart out.

4 comments:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I don't know... taking food out of a 'take out' box and transfering it onto a nice plate doesn't count! (my favorite kind of home cooked meal though) ;)

Anna said...

Hey Cheryl, good job! It sounds and looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

You rock! My cooking began with ramen and scrambled eggs, so I am quite impressed.

And you and Kyle are so stinkin' cute! I am so happy for you!!!

And by the way, I love your blog...

Much Love, Erika

HILL HESS said...

I'm impressed. Looks like Kyle is a good influence on you! How domestic you're becoming! :)