Sunday, February 10, 2008

Update Time

So I finally have some time and decided that I should sit myself down and get my blog updated with everything that has happened in the past 2-3 weeks.


  • Saturday, 26 January 2008, I went on a date with Kyle, a friend of a friend, where he took me to the Melting Pot. We then attempted to go ice skating, bowling and then to GameWorks, but due to not knowing the exact location of the rink, the alleys being packed and the entertainment center being closed for a private event, we were left out in the rain.


  • Sunday, 27 January 2008- President Gordon Bitner Hinckley passed away at the age of 97. While having family Sunday dinner, my sister's boyfriend got a text message from a cousin informing us of the news. I knew it was coming sooner or later, but it was still a shock that it had really happened. I KNOW Pres. Hinckely was a prophet!

  • Tuesday, 29 January 2008- I took my car into the dealership to be serviced. For the past month or two my car had been making funny noises and not running quite right. Also there were a couple of times where it would turn off has soon as I turned it on, or after driving for awhile and then parking it would just shut off. A week prior I had taken it to my dad's mechanic and he said the intake manifold gasket needed to be replaced. We called around and the Infiniti dealership was cheapest amazingly enough, (but not for long). So the dealership checked it out, confirmed it was the intake manifold gasket, but also concluded that it needed 3 new engine mounts. After three days and $1800 later, I had my car back. Only to drive it home from the dealership, park it and have the 'Service Engine Soon' light come on.


  • Thursday, 31 January 2008- Kyle took me to a Thai restaurant for dinner and then we went over to the Riverside Stake Center for volleyball.


  • Saturday, 2 Feb 2008- attended a wedding reception for Megan McDowell. The food was tasty and non-traditional with an In-N-Out truck pulling up and pumping out hamburgers. After the reception Kyle beat me big time at Lazer Quest.



  • Tuesday, 5 Feb 2008- Kyle surprised me by taking me to dinner at the Jolly Roger restaurant in Dana Point. We then drove through the Doheny State Beach campsites seeing that we had both grown up camping at them with out families. A short drive south and we ended up at the San Clemente pier where we walked to the end and then got hot chocolate.


  • Wednesday, 6 Feb 2008- I took my car back into the Infiniti dealership to have the service engine light looked at and see what more damage had been done. Now the ECM- electronic control module was not functioning correctly, which would set me back another $850.


  • Thursday, 7 Feb 2008- Went in to get my car and the new ECM was not working correctly because the throttle body was not registering and would probably need to be replaced. So pretty much everything in my car is breaking one by one. I left the dealership and cried. I don't usually cry, it's just not natural to me, not that I'm opposed to it but it's not a common occurance for me. I cried because I was tired of spending money that I don't have, I cried because I felt betrayed by my car. It is only a 2001 Infiniti I30. Granted it has 130,0oo miles (I did a lot of driving to and from Utah) but it has always been dependable and I have always been good to it, so I felt like it was turning its back on me. If more things continue to go wrong I will just give up on my car, trade it in and get myself the beautiful Infiniti M35.

I needed to get out of the IE and escape this mess so I asked Kyle to go to Disneyland with me only to find out that it closed 10 minutes before we got there. I already posted about this so I won't continue about how I barely lost miniture golf. We're both positive I won the first game but I messed up on the score card so ...

  • Saturday, 9 Feb 2008- Finally got my hair cut which I love, and got myself a HUGE tv, for FREE. My co-worker just bought a new 50-something inch DLP tv and so he offered me his old 65 inch. Kyle and and his brother moved it into my apartment and I am amazed at how big it is.

6 comments:

Brookie said...

Umm so I wanna see a picture of this Kyle guy!!! Sounds like you guys are gettin close! :D Good for you!!

HILL HESS said...

Score on the TV. So when do we get to see pics of Kyle, then?

AnnEE said...

Ummm.... ok....not to be presumptious or anything...but....

I'm hearing a name repeat and repeat and repeat....

Amy-Alisa said...

Yes, your fans have spoken, we want to see this Kyle. And that is one scary TV. Awesome.

Ali said...

so what did you do with YOUR old tv? because ours is pretty small...

ha ha ha,just kidding! in case kyle reads your blog i won't request that you post a picture of the two of you together or anything embarrassing like that :)

Emily Kikuchi said...

Okay I love all the updates! Three responses:

1. So sorry about your car! What a pain!

2. I need to hear more about Kyle.

3. How could you have possibly lived with me for so many years and still think that crying is not natural?