Thursday, February 28, 2008

No Blood for Me

This is the second time I have been rejected from giving blood. I guess I should stop sharing needles with transvestites. No actually, both times it is due to my travels to foreign lands. About 4 months after returning from Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Japan I tried to give blood and was denied. Well that was 3 years ago and I had received a notice a year after my return saying that I was clear. I traveled to Costa Rica this past summer but thought I would be okay seeing that it is one of the cleaner/safer countries in Central America. Evidently not. Actually the first 3 areas we stayed in were clear, it was that last town of Arenal we went to for 3 days that was in the red zone and caused me to be rejected again. So looks like I won't be giving blood for another year.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I can totatly relate with you. I have wanted to give blood, but since I have lived in Germany I am rejected for life. Bummer.

Emily Kikuchi said...

Cheryl not only have you traveled everywhere but you have friends everywhere! look at your cluster map! It's crazy! You have about a billion more friends then me! I love it!