Monday, February 11, 2008

Boot Camp

I decided to spice up my workout routine and have an adventure doing it as well. So, that is why I signed up to do a women's only Boot Camp and it started this morning, at 5:30 AM!!! And I didn't even have work today, talk about dedication. My mother signed up for the 3-day a week month long program as well, but she was a slacker today and did not show up for the first day of class. No, she was actually in Texas visiting my adorable nephew and does not get back until tonight.

This program takes place Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 5:30-6:30 am at the top of the parking structure at Victoria Gardens, an outdoor shopping mall about 1 mile from my apartment. Good thing it is close otherwise I don't know about the early morning.

Well, they split the 40+ group of women into two groups: those who have done their boot camp before and those who have not. My newbie class started out by running down to the lowest level and then halfway back up where we did high steps and then butt-kicks, and grapevines. Then back up to the top where we grabbed our weights before heading to the front of the Cultural Center/Library. Once there we used the benches to do dips and squats, a ledge to do push-ups and our weights to do bicep curls and other things I can't remember at the moment.

The last 20 minutes were spent doing ladders. This consisted of starting off by doing 10 lunges, followed by 10 bicycle crunches, and 10 mountain climbers. We then had to run about 3/4 the length of the parking structure and back. We then did 9 squats, 9 crunches and 9 push-ups before running 3/4 down and back. 8 lunges, 8 bicycle crunches and 8 mountain climbers, then run.....and so on all the way down to 1. I must brag here by saying that I was usually one of the top 8-12 to finish each time, beating many of the return boot campers.

So far I'm a little sore but I'll have to let you know how I feel tomorrow morning and then again after Wednesday class.

5 comments:

HILL HESS said...

A "little" tired! I wouldn't be able to walk for a week! You go girl!

AnnEE said...

You are amazing. The end.

Anna said...

Wow! You go girl, that is awesome!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Sister Lauritzen, who is this "Kyle" person you keep referring to? Do you need to tell me something?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I think Kyle is kind of like that boy I used to like, George Glass.
-Jan