Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Where did all this energy come from?

I've been trying to hit up the gym as of late and have made it 2 for 2 so far. I worked my lower body yesterday, so needless to say I walked around a little stiff today. When I got home today I decided to go to my apartment complex gym, jump on the treadmill and run for 15 minutes. I wasn't sure I would make it this long because I've got a bit of a hurt ankle. Last week while playing basketball with my students I got tripped up, sort of rolled my ankle, heard a pop, and saw my face fast approaching a big metal pole. Luckily I saved my face from a nasty impact but my ankle has been a bit sore since. But today on the treadmill I fought through the discomfort and when I reached 15 minutes I kept on going. When I got to 20 minutes I kept on going, and when I got to 25 I figured lets make it an even half hour. Way to go self!!

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

Way to go Cheryl! Your inspiring me to start working out. I love reading your blog and all your adventures. I was going to tell you when we're in California we're usually in West Hills, near L.A. that's where my husbands parents live. Are you close to there? We'll have to meet up next time I'm there.

Cheryl & Kyle said...

Amanda- I'm about an hour to hour and a half from West Hills, depending on traffic. Yes, we will have to meet up next time you come down.