Saturday, June 28, 2008

Salt Creek Grille

I happen to like surprises, Kyle does not. So when I told him that I would be picking him up at 6pm and that he should wear a polo or nice button up shirt he was a little worried. When I started to drive down the 91 and got on the 241 toll road he asked:


"are we were going to San Clemente?"

"No, don't worry about it and just enjoy the ride," I said.


"You know I don't like surprises. Just tell me!" through gritted teeth and clenched hands.


"Oh, but I do like surprises and plus I love to see you get all worked up like this," I joked with him.

He proceeded to take guesses as to where we were going and was thrown off a bit when I took the Crown Valley exit instead of going all the way down to Doheny and PCH, but that was the whole point. After a couple of U-turns I got us into the parking lot of the Salt Creek Grille and there was a smile on his face.

I had a tasty King Salmon Steak and Kyle got the Porterhouse Stroganauf ,both which where DELCICOUS! He proceeded to tell me how he had always wanted to come here for dinner ever since he was young, seeing that his parents would come here every time they camped at Doheny. On our drive back from beach camping last week Kyle commented that he has always wanted to eat here as we drove by, so I took a mental note and made it a reality.

3 comments:

Brookie said...

When are you two lovebirds gonna get married!? Sheesh... ;) he needs to get a movin'!

kclark said...

itwas good

Jen Bowen said...

That's a great surprise! It's always great when the random comments are noticed and acted upon.