Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shop Vicariously Through Others

Why is it that shopping can be so dang addicting? I mean honestly, I go to work to get a paycheck, I get that paycheck and the first thing I do, after paying an honest tithe of course, is go shopping for more clothes. No matter how many black shirts/blouses I already have, I can always find one more cute one to add to my collection. These past two days I have found a wonderful way to go shopping where a ton of things are bought, but not a dime of my own is spent.

My friend who is leaving for BYU tomorrow just came into a small fortune of money on her 18th birthday. She asked if I would accompany her while she shopped for a whole new more-mature wardrobe and of course I was happy to accommodate. The first store we hit up yesterday was Urban Outfitters, seeing that she had fallen head over heals in love with this store when I first introduced her to it about a month ago. She went hog wild in this store of unusual oddities and funky yet chic styles with a receipt totalling a staggering $1,032.00. Today we found some oldie classics but always goodies at Banana Republic, where the total came to $780. Another $630 was spent at the eclectic and whimsical Anthropologie, which included the cutest apron I have ever seen in my life.

I find it easier on the checking account when I go shopping with other people who do all the spending and I can just go along for the ride. So if any of you out there have a free afternoon and find yourself in need of a shopping companion, hit me up cause I'm always down for some spending, of your money of course:)

1 comments:

Ali said...

Hey Cheryl,
I have been catching up on your blog and am loving each post. I about wet my pants when I read how much money your friend was able to spend. Living in the state of destitution as a stay at home mom/husband in school - has made me forgot how much I LOVE TO SHOP... someday... perhaps. I have to shop for Eliza and love doing that. Congrats on all of your many accomplishments. I am excited to hear how girls camp goes in August!