Monday, June 18, 2007

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times

I like my friends and I like to eat, so why not have both at the same time?! A group of 6 of us women, aging from 16 to early 50's, have decided to get together one night a week and go out for dinner. We have a wonderful time and come home with some interesting memories. At Chili's we realized that although we couldn't finish the appetizer, salads, and entrees that we ordered, we could quickly put away two Molten Chocolate Cakes with ease.

Last week we went to Ooka's, a Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse. This was a blast as none of the other women had been to a place like this (think of Benihana's or Tepanyaki) and found it a hoot to have our personal chef entertain us with fire, tricks and magical skills with sharp knives. I am happy to report that I caught the shrimp in my mouth the first time. If you have been to a place like this you know what I mean, if you don't have a clue then you need to go. Enough said.
Only 5 of us were able to make it to Ooka's.


So tonight was a toss up between CPK and Olive Garden. Well, Olive Garden won and we were all pleased up until our server got switched on us. We started out our lovely meal with Miguel, who was polite, prompt and and soft on the eyes:) About halfway through the meal this skinny white boy with hair that looked dyed, fried and compromised came to our table and informed us that he would now be our server, as Miguel was now on break. Not only was his appearance a bit scary, but then he lingered a bit too long at our table if you know what I mean. It was just a little bit creepy. Overall we had a fabulous time and are a bit sad to lose one of the the girls as she heads up to BYU on Wednesday for Summer Term. We will miss you Brooke!!

Again only 5 of us could make it to Olive Garden this week.
P.S. I love my calling as 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Women presidency which allows me to be around amazing young women, those still in the program and those who have been out a year or two, and wonderful leaders I get to work with.

0 comments: