Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lazy day at the beach

Today was a good and lazy day at the beach. I drove down early and got an excellent parking spot at one of my favorite beaches, Calafia, in San Clemente. I like this stretch of beach because it is hidden, small and has a great little food stand. Every hour or so the Amtrak Surfliner train passes by which is fun to wave at the passengers on board.



I have one complaint and gripe about the beach. Well, it's not really about the beach itself but what happens there all too often. My question is this: with a stretch of sand that is at least 20 yards across, why must children choose a path that leads them over the corner of my towel?!?! Honestly, you could have the whole beach to walk on and you decide to walk right over my towel and flip sand on it and me. Not cool!!!


Parents, this is my advice to you. PLEASE teach your children how to correctly and repsectfully walk while at the beach. Avoid leading your youngsters through a collection of sunbathers to get "your" spot if possible, or at least instill within them the respect to keep as far away from towels and people. I know the sand can be awfully hot at times, but little feet with little flip flops sure can do a lot of damage when it comes to sand flying everywhere. I hope you get the message I am trying to relay and that you will take this responsibility upon yourself to teach your children how to be courteous and polite while at the beach. Thank You.

0 comments: