Sunday, January 6, 2008

Random Part III

So I have another installment of my random factoids to share with you all:

  1. Yahoo, the Internet search engine, stands for Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle
  2. Capri's, the mid-calf length pants are named after the Italian island of the same name-Capri
  3. Ben Stein, actor/lawyer/game show guy, was once a lawyer and speech writer for Presidents Nixon and Ford
  4. Podunk is the actual name of cities in Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Connecticut & Michigan.
  5. Zebra skin is also striped, not just the fur
  6. Grand Tetons, the large mountain range in Wyoming, means large tits in French.
  7. Golf=Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden
  8. There is only one country in the world that starts with the letter Y= Yemen

4 comments:

Anna said...

Very interesting. I think my favorites are Golf and the Grand Tetons. Who knew? :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Ali said...

I love these random posts! Keep it up!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Cheryl! I don't know what I was thinking but I finally found your blog again! You are so fun and it's so good to see how great you are doing! I love the blog and I am excited that this is another way for us to keep in touch better! Happy New Year