Friday, November 9, 2007

21 Questions...with a Jewish Rabbi

So Thursday night at midnight I found myself on a JetBlue flight sitting next to a Jew. A Hasidic/Orthodox Jew. A Hasidic/Orthodox Rabbi Jew. A very inquisitive, yet polite, Rabbi Jew. We ended up talking for about 1.5 hours about almost everything about the church, from tithing, to the Word of Wisdom, the temple, rated R movies, dating and marriage, missions, church leadership in the form of a prophet, apostles, seventy, to patriarchal blessings and family size. From him I learned about how food is prepared to be Kosher, the purpose and use of a matchmaker, particulars about worship service and about his family of 8 children. We finally took a break from gentle interrogation to sleep for a few hours. But as we were pulling into the gate I gave him a pass along card with the church's website, although he was a bit hesitant to take it. I told him I knew he was going to search more information on the Internet so he might as well go to the correct source. He took it and we went our separate ways.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm looking to buy a Toyota, I don't go to toyota.com to research it. Rather, I go to an objective, un-biased 3rd-party site like Consumer Reports or edmonds.com to find out more.