Thursday, February 19, 2009

Many Updates

So once again I have gotten behind in my blogging, but with a decent excuse. I moved. My roommate had to move out and after a mess of trying to figure out what to do, I ended up moving to a one bedroom apartment in the same complex. So my address is the same just new apt #. If you want/need new one, email me.

Then the day after I moved in I came home from work to find my bathroom, kitchen and dining area flooded with water. The adjacent empty apartment had a broken water line and was covered in 3 inches of standing water throughout the entire thing, which then seeped into my apartment. They had to cut out half of the brand new padding and then dry out the new carpet with huge fans and dehumidifiers, which are not quite, for 3 days straight.

Other than that I like my new place, except that the closet is about half the size as my old one:( But this will be where Kyle and I live when we first get married, unless we buy a house before then, which brings me to my next point.


With the California economy in the toilets as it is, my school district has to make up a 4.2 million dollar deficit. This means that my district has to make cuts, major cuts, and most of them are coming in the way of pink slips to teachers. After speculation and rumors my district finally came up with a list of 204 teachers that would be given the axe, and luckily I am NOT one of them:) So with my job intact Kyle and I are going to start the long and tedious but exciting house buying chore. We actually have found a house that we really like in the area that we love, and it is at a super price right now. So, wish us luck as we start this journey as first time home buyers.

Kyle and I hiked the hill/mountain overlooking Fontana a few weeks ago.

I mentioned in my last post that I needed to find aqua shoes for my wedding, and I did!

6 comments:

Anna said...

To bad about your apartment. Good luck with the home buying, one of the greatest feelings in the world is owning your own home. And cute shoes!

Trenda said...

Hey Cheryl, Congrats on getting engaged! Kyle seems like a great guy. Good luck with all the planning, oh, and I like the Aqua Shoes! :)

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

So first of all, bummer about the apartment flooding! At least it didn't ruin any of your decor?! Second, when you say you are looking in the area for a house, do you mean near all of us?? Where is it? I hope all goes well with that. Dean and Renee are house shopping in the area too. Third, I LOVE those shoes. I have such a shoe fettish. I can't wait to see them on! :)

Amy-Alisa said...

Suh-weet shoes! You are such a babe.

Matt and Amie said...

Sorry about your apartment! What a pain! I LOVE your shoes. They are so cute!!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Hey Cheryl, how are you? It has been a long time since I have checked your blog. Your shoes are very cute and stylish. They will be beautiful for your dress. Congratulations on the engagement. I thought you might already be married, but I see that your date is in July. So exciting! Good luck planning everything. Is your colors aqua?